Parents are their children’s first teachers; therefore I honor your role as a parent and as the first and most important teacher in your child’s life. I support this relationship by providing educational opportunities that help each child reach important developmental milestones. Through nurturing and individualized attention, I take great care to provide a safe, secure, and fun learning environment for your child. I feel that good communication between parent and provider is a very important part of a quality daycare. Because of this, I am committed to creating a strong bond with you and your child, helping to ensure the best start to your child’s life.
I know that children learn best by “doing”. Therefore, the activities the children participate in are concrete, hands-on, and encourage participation, but most of all fun, because I believe that learning is an exciting experience. Furthermore, I know that children also learn through play; because of this I do not under estimate its importance on a growing child’s mind, body and spirit. The children in my care receive lots of free-play and structured play throughout each day. During structured play I primarily only have one group of toys or activity out at a time in order to allow the children to concentrate fully on each thing they do. My intent is to provide each child in my care with a perfect balance of play time and leaning experiences each day. Each child is given the opportunity to develop at his or her own pace in a setting that is challenging, enjoyable and instills a lifelong love of learning.
My goal is to make learning for all ages fun and non-intimidating, by encouraging laughter and provoking smiles, ensuring that each child in my care feels safe, loved and happy. For the various age groups of children in care, I offer developmentally appropriate activities, designed to help the whole child grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually. My goal is to give each child in care a solid and well-rounded skill base to help prepare them for a strong beginning in school. I strive to foster creativity and to instill joy in learning; to provide a place were children are encouraged to play and challenged to learn. I feel that both you and your child will be as enthusiastic as I am about my program.
I offer an inviting and caring atmosphere for infants and toddlers to explore their continually expanding world around them. I provide an environment filled with responsive interactions and positive reinforcement, and individualized approach that meets the developmental needs of each child. My intent is to give your child a place where they can feel safe and happy and can begin to build confidence and a positive self image. My goal is to stimulate and challenge your infant or toddler by constantly singing, talking, holding, and playing with them. I continually tell your child what I am going to do to them before I do it (i.e. diaper changes, feeding, etc). This gives your infant or toddler a sense of control in their otherwise fully dependent lives.
Your baby’s first year of life is an amazing time, filled with discovery and enormous growth. Infants learn an abundance of new skills each day, such as how to imitate sounds and facial expressions, pulling, reaching and grasping objects, smiling and laughing. These milestones are not only key events of an infant’s development, but they are also building blocks for abilities to come like crawling, walking, and talking. I build on these skills learned as an infant, by encouraging problem solving, cooperation, language, and social skills. I celebrate and embrace each developmental milestone with enthusiasm, persistence and joy. As your child grows and becomes more independent, they begin to make the transition from infant to toddler. Children at this age are inventors, builders, problem solvers, discoverers and dreamers. They learn about the world around them as they take things apart and put them back together. I give your toddler the necessary tools they need to aid them in accomplishing their goals; thereby, helping to lay the foundation for all intellectual and emotional development to follow.
- Through encouragement I help each child in my care build confidence and a positive self image, with constant clapping, hugging and praise for their accomplishment.
- Throughout each day I practice on reaching, grasping, rolling, sitting, crawling, standing, walking, climbing, throwing, catching, kicking, cooing and talking, which ever developmental stage your child happens to be in at the time.
- Infants and toddlers learn through play by utilizing flash cards, books, numbers, shapes, colors, the alphabet, stacking blocks, puppets, age-appropriate toys and much more.
- I provide a clean and well organized environment for your children to develop safely.
- My child friendly backyard is equipped with lots of fun and safe age-appropriate playing equipment, which helps to build large motor skills.
- By constantly listening, talking, describing objects, actions and their meaning, I help to expand your child’s ever growing vocabulary.
- Books are always available for the children to look at, and story-time is presented many times through out each day, allowing infants and toddlers to experience the magic and wonder of books.
- Through music, song and dance I foster self-expression and creative movement; while encourage group interaction, cooperation and sharing.
- You child is encouraged to play and explore to promote cognitive and motor skills.